Your Privacy Rights
- Information We Collect
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for or renew your DMZ membership, make a purchase, or register for an online account. We collect information when you sign up to receive news, notifications, or other communications from us. We also collect information when you request customer support; engage with us on social media; fill out a form; or participate in a survey or promotion. The types of information we collect directly from you may include:
- Identification information,such as your name, title, photo (for your membership card), date of birth, identity document (e.g., driver’s license, passport or tax identification number), employer name if you sign up for membership via your employer, and your DMZ membership number.
- Contact information,such as your mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Payment information,including your payment card information and billing address.
- Purchase Information. When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction. This may include product details, purchase price, date and location of the transaction. It may also include account notes about the transaction.
- Browsing and Usage Information.When you use our Services, some information is collected automatically
- Device Information.We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services. This may include the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information.We may collect or infer information about your general location when you access or use the Services
- Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you to help us operate our business. In particular, we use your information:
- To create, maintain and renew your membership;
- To tell you about our membership programs and offers and provide you with membership benefits;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To process your payments and rebates;
- To process, fulfill, ship and deliver your orders;
- To provide customer service and process exchanges, returns, deliveries, recalls, and warranties;
- To provide you with news and information about DMZ and third-party products and services;
- To send you product recommendations, promotions, coupons, contests, sweepstakes, and other marketing communications. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, you may opt out at any time
- To personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms. This is based on your preferences, interests and browsing and purchasing behavior;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and warehouses;
- To send you notices about your membership account such as updates, order confirmations, delivery and pick-up notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- To operate and improve our business activities, improve your experience, determine your satisfaction, and for any other business purpose permitted by law;
- For legal, security, and safety reasons. This may include protecting our rights and the rights of our customers and members, communicating product recalls safety notices, detecting, investigating, or preventing fraud and other illegal activities, and addressing legal and regulatory compliance obligations; and
- For any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
We do not direct the Services to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect Personal information from individuals under 18.
- Sharing of Information
- Other Companies You Engage With.When you request information about or purchase products or services offered by third parties as part of your DMZ membership, we share information with those companies. We do this so that they may provide you with their products and services, provide customer service, resolve complaints, provide installation and warranty services, and provide recall or emergency notices.
- Other Companies that Offer Their Products and Services (Sharing for Marketing Purposes).We may share information about you with companies that offer their products and services for our and their marketing purposes. Examples of this include products and services offered under the DMZ Services umbrella or product manufacturers. We may share Contact information with these third parties so that we or they can notify you of product and service offerings, determine if you qualify for products or services, and evaluate new and existing products or services.
- Vendors, Service Providers and Consultants.We share information with our vendors and service providers that help us run our business. For example, we share Contact information and Transaction information with companies that help us:
◦ process, fulfill, ship and deliver your orders;
◦ provide customer service and resolve complaints;
◦ identify, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions;
◦ provide installation and warranty services;
◦ communicate with you, provide recall or emergency notices;
◦ analyze data or member activity;
◦ design and execute our marketing campaigns, administer our promotions, and provide advertising services.
- Our Affiliates and Entities that Belong to DMZ’s Corporate Group.We share information with our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Corporate Transactions.We may disclose information about you as part of a corporate transaction. This could be a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of company assets, reorganization, divestiture, bankruptcy or similar type of business transaction.
- Legally Required Disclosures, Other Uses and Disclosures.We share information about you as necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process, such as requests from authorities, regulators and courts. We share information to respond to complaints or legal claims or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the DMZ companies, our shoppers, members, employees or the public.
We may also share with third parties aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content, or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties' web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
- Third-Party Sites; Social Media and Social Sharing Features
The Services may link to or integrate with content or sites operated by third parties. These third parties may offer you goods and services or provide services to DMZ, such as product information, reviews, or marketing or analytics services. In general, any information you provide on third-party sites is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third-party's privacy practices.
- Advertising Services Provided by Others; Interest-Based Advertising
We use third parties that collect analytics information and serve advertisements on our behalf. When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we and third parties may collect information from cookies, pixel tags, device identifiers, and other technologies about your browsing activity and use of the Services, websites, and apps. DMZ and these third parties may use this information to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests.
- Interest-Based Advertising.Some of these companies deliver advertising and content based on your activity across websites and over time. This is interest-based advertising.
- Opting Out.In accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, if you do not want to receive interest-based advertising, you may opt out by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Device-Based Opt Out Features.Your device may also include features that allow you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Scope of Opt-Out.If you opt out of interest-based advertising, you will may still see ads that are less tailored for you as you browse the internet.
- Do Not Track.While we strive to offer you choices when you use our Services (as described below), we are not able to receive or honor “Do Not Track” signals from your web browser. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control information collection and use, including the cookie, analytics, and advertising controls described above.
- Your Choices
We provide choices about how we collect, use and share information about you. The choices you make will not apply to your household or any affiliate members associated with your membership account. Each household member must opt out separately. If you have more than one DMZ profile or email address, you must opt out for each one separately.
You can opt out of certain uses or sharing of your information by emailing us at at info@DMZdental.com or changing your online account settings.
- Opt Out of Third-Party Marketing / Your California Privacy Rights. As described above, we may share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have opted out of such sharing. You can opt out of this sharing by: (a) checking the opt-out box on membership applications; (b) following the opt-out instructions on renewal notices, or (c) contacting us using the methods above.
- Cookie controls.Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
- Device Location Information. If you use our mobile applications that collect your device’s precise location, you will be asked to consent to the collection of this information. You can stop the collection of precise location data by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do, our mobile apps or some features may not work properly.
- Promotional Information and Emails. If you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, you can contact us using any of the methods above. You can also opt out from different types of promotional emails through the ‘unsubscribe’ link in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
- Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts.We may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can stop these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- SMS (Text) Messages.We will send you SMS (text) communications if you consent to receive them. We will send you SMS (text) messages in case of emergency, urgent product recalls and other limited (non-marketing) instances as permitted by law. You can reply “STOP” to any SMS (text) message to cancel at any time.
- Protection of Personal Information
We aim to take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please let us know.
- Contact Us; Questions or Concerns